Перейти к содержимому

Приборная панель

Евген394

Рекомендовано

...Hello Blue!

Dash001.jpg

This thread is intended to educate the end user to do this to their own truck. By reading this, you agree not to charge others any profit to do this to their vehicle. I didn't make this so that you can profit off it. I made this to help others do it on their own. If you don't feel you can do this on your own, you can contact me and we can discuss a price for me to do it for you.

That picture is brighter than the actual dash. The camera over exposed the picture to lighten up the rest of the picture.

Do not use this how to if you are doing this for profit. This is a copyrighted article and is intended for private DIY use. All pictures and descriptions are the sole property of me.

So I finally got in the LEDs for my dash and started installing them. I have done some electrical circuit board soldering when I was in middle school, but that was about it as far as experience on circuit boards goes. I bought a new Weller 12 watt pencil soldering iron and went to work.

The LEDs were ordered from » LED Light Bulbs, LED Lamps and they arrived in under a week in a little foam envelope. For some reason I was expecting a box after spending almost $100 on LEDs. You can order the surface mount and 3mm LEDs from Garage 1217 or from Oznium for much cheaper. But I haven't found the axial LEDs from a cheaper source yet.

For the SR5 with the tow package and not doing the radio, here is your list of LEDs needed:

These are all for the Blue LEDs, they have other colors available.

37 - SLT-773B (aka PLCC-2) (order extras! You will probably need them)

The next ones are for the switches. Minimum order is 15 and that is more than enough. You will have at least 5 extra of each.

15 - 300TB4GF

15 - R2033TB

You can order 31 of the SLT-773B if you want to leave the passenger seatbelt lights as amber. I didn't have enough (someone gave me the wrong number to order), so I left mine amber. Also be sure to order a few extra just in case you cook a couple of LEDs while installing.

Want to see the size of the LEDs you are replacing? These are the dash and A/C control ones.

DashLights014.jpg

Those same ones are on the left and these are the smaller 2 LEDs that have to be replaced as well:

PA120003.jpg

You need a soldering iron (pencil type) that is a low wattage (under 20 watts!!) and has a fine pointed tip. The higher the wattage, the faster the solder will melt, but also the faster you cook the LEDs. 15 watts is plenty for this and most electrical mods, I recommend a 10 watt for circuit boards. I used a 12 Watt Weller and it works fine for most all my mods. A little flux core solder is nice to have as well. There will be solder left on the board from the old LEDs, but a tiny bit extra now and then was needed for a couple of LEDs.

You will also need a pair of small tweezers. Some tiny needle nose pliers will work as well. I used a set of bent hemostats like you might use when fishing.

----------------------------------

NOTE: All those lights are diodes. Diodes are designed to pass electricity in one direction only. So you have to put the LEDs on in a certain direction or they are not going to work. And when the LEDs are in series, like around the RPM gauge or the speedometer, then if one LED is backwards, then all three LEDs will not work.

There should be a mark on the LED to show which side is the negative side. On the dash and A/C LEDs, look for a corner that has a chunk taken out of it. Now look at the circuit board and you will see a symbol that looks like an arrow pointing at the top of a "T". The arrow points toward the end that the notched corner should be on.

On the medium side LEDs, there are two leads. The shorter lead is the negative side. That side is also flat if you look closely. Look at the way the old ones are positioned before you replace them.

On the tiny LEDs, there is a black stripe on the negative lead. That's the only way to tell which way those go. If you look at the orange LEDs on the buttons, you will see a tiny red or maybe gold line on one end. That is the negative end.

I took the leads and bent them down, and then cut them really short. Be sure to remember which end is the negative end before you cut the leads. I made a black dot with a sharpie on the side of the LED. When they are soldered onto the button circuit board, the plastic is up off the board. Makes it a little easier to solder in the tiny space. You can kinda see what I am talking about in this picture:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...02/Dash011.jpg

-------------------------------------

The next step is to get the A/C control and the dash out. The A/C control is fairly easy to do. Pull out on the dash above the steering wheel starting in the center and work your way to the right. Then pull out the cigarette lighter tray below the A/C controls. Then the A/C controls will pop right out. Just unplug everything and you have that one ready to take inside.

Now comes the dash gauges. Pull the rest of the dash above the steering wheel out and unplug everything. It's one long wiring harness that runs all the way around the panel you are pulling out. Then unhook the harness from the panel until it's free. Turn the steering wheel to the right and remove the hidden screw behind the wheel and then turn to the left and do the same thing. Then you pop out the upper piece of the steering column. It will be attached to the dash piece by a piece of vinyl. It was easier to do it this way than ruin the vinyl piece. Then remove the 4 hex nuts holding the cluster, unplug the single plug and clip in the back, and the whole cluster comes right out.

I did the A/C control since I figured that would be easier (and cheaper) to replace if I messed up.

DashLights001.jpg

Turn it over and you see this:

DashLights004.jpg

Remove all the screws (4 Phillips Head) and remove the cover.

DashLights005.jpg

DashLights006.jpg

Release the side tabs and you get this:

DashLights007.jpg

Remove the 4 screws and you can remove the circuit board:

DashLights008.jpg

See all the tiny white rectangles? Those are the LEDs we are replacing. Lucky for you, not all need to be replaced, just most of them. Anything with an "A" or an "N" will be an amber LED. The six clustered together in the top right are for the passenger seatbelt light. These are optional like I said before. I didn't realize I didn't have enough LEDs so I replaced them and then had to change them back to amber so I would have enough for the dash. The pictures I took are of me removing these optional LEDs so ignore the fact that I did those twice.

Put the tip of the iron on the solder on one side. Once the solder starts to melt, pull up on that side with the tweezers high enough to clear the melted solder. Don't pull too far or you will destroy the LED. Also don't heat it too long either. Then heat the other side and pull the LED off the board. You can smooth the left over solder a little so the new LED sits flat. Sorry if the pics came out a little blurry but they looked clear on the tiny camera screen.

DashLights009.jpg

DashLights010.jpg

DashLights011.jpg

And you keep doing that until all the LEDs have been removed (22 including seat belt 6). Remove all the LEDs before you put on the new ones or you might get them mixed up. They are very similar in color. Then you put on the new LEDs. Lay them flat on the board, heat up the solder on both sides while holding it with the tweezers, and you are done.

Easy right? The dash seems a little bit harder when you look at it, but it's really not any harder.

This is the dash after the clear cover is removed:

DashLights015.jpg

You want to mark exactly where the gauges point to so that you can put them back exactly the same later. Take some tape and use a marker to note where the needle points to when the needle is turned all the way to the left. I cut little arrows out of painters tape.

DashLights018.jpg

DashLights019.jpg

Then remove the other cover part. This cold be done before marking the needles.

DashLights020.jpg

You need to pull the needles now. This part was a little nerve racking at first. But trust me, they are hard to pull out so just grab a hold and pull hard straight out. Use a flat head to coerce them out if needed, just don't mark the gauges.

Next remove the guage numbers and pull the LCD screens out gently.

DashLights023.jpg

DashLights024.jpg

Someone had asked about the back of the gauge numbers so here it is:

DashLights025.jpg

The rest should be pretty straight forward like the A/C control. Take it apart until you get to the circuit board and replace all the LEDs with an "A" beside it. There will be 15 if you have the tow package (trans temp gauge) and 14 if you don't.

I'll post up finished pictures later. For now, I am finishing my dash buttons. Half of those are hard. The other have look near impossible. I haven't tried the impossible ones... yet. The impossible LEDs make those above look HUGE. Want to see them? See that tiny tiny tiny white rectangle to the right of the "28"? That is the LED that needs to be replaced.

DashLights034.jpg

Part 2: Switches

Some of the switches were a little tricky to do. Others were really tricky to do. I'll post up how to do a few of them. They start to repeat design so you can get the idea from the few that I will post. I don't have any pictures of how to take them apart, but they are all pretty obvious since they are almost all just held by tabs.

This is how the CM rear window switch and the cargo light and other toggle switches are done. The rectangles with the copper pieces are the sliders inside the switches. Don't let those drop and come apart cause there are springs inside and another spring and ball on the other side of the switch. On these, you have to cut out the old LEDs and solder in the new ones.

DashLights028.jpg

DashLights029.jpg

DashLights030.jpg

DashLights031.jpg

DashLights038.jpg

Here is the switches for the trip computer. I heated up the solder for the old LEDs and pulled out the amber ones. The I bent and cut the leads for the new LEDs and heated up the solder again to push the new LEDs into place. Pretty easy if you put it in a vise.

DashLights036.jpg

DashLights037.jpg

This is the 4x4 switch. I used the smallest LEDs I bought for this and the next set of switches. Different type of LED, but it will work. Just bend the leads down and cut them short to use them. You want to put the lead of the LED with the black strip on it on the side of the stock LED with the green stripe on it. Hard to see and keep straight after you cut the leads shorter. But if they are backwards, then you will know cause either the outer or inner (or both) ring of LEDs won't work later. Takes a fairly steady hand to do this. Couple of the LEDs broke while removing. No biggie since they were being replaced.

DashLights039.jpg

After:

Dash008.jpg

Dash009.jpg

Now we get to the really tiny LEDs. These were a pain to remove without breaking. There are 3 switches like this. 2 went well for me. The third had the LED cover come off and then I just had to burn the rest of the LED to remove what was left. These take a very steady hand to do. The vise I used came in very handy.

DashLights034.jpg

Dash010.jpg

Dash011.jpg

And that is pretty much it. After all those, slap it all back in the truck and make sure they all work. I am not wild about the light from the last set of switches. The axial LEDs are too close to the button so they show light hot spots in the translucent cover. Not bad, but still kinda noticeable if you look.

Anyway, here are the finished pictures I took this evening. Remember that these are a little over exposed so they aren't really that bright. Enjoy.

Interior lights on:

Dash014.jpg

ere is the last part of the write-up if you want to be rid of ALL the amber LEDs. This is for the amber colored "Auto" in the driver door and for the amber colored ashtray light (cup holder light) for the center console shift trucks.

First pull the window switches off the door. It's just held down by tabs, but it takes a pretty good pull to get them up. You can try prying the handle end off with a flathead screwdriver. Be careful not to scratch the cover. Once that is up you have to remove the plug. push a small screwdriver into the tab on one side of the plug. It will come unhooked and the plug will easily slide off. Next, remove the 3 large screws on the ends of the controls.

Then you need to pull off the window lock button. Just pull straight up and it will come off.

DSC_0287.jpg

Now remove the 3 screws along the bottom.

DSC_0286.jpg

Next you have to separate the white plastic board from the circuit board. Wrap some duct tape around a flat head screwdriver and GENTLY pry them apart. You have to separate them by like a half inch before they will come apart. Be VERY CAREFUL to not damage the circuit board.

DSC_0285.jpg

See the tall contact points in the plastic piece, this is why you have to separate them so much for it to come apart.

DSC_0283.jpg

There is a single wide flat LED in the middle that you want to replace. You have to carefully heat solder joints and get the LED out. Mine was a bit of a pain because the LED leads were bent at the boards. So I had to heat up the solder and straighten out the leads and then try to remove them. I found it easiest to heat the solder and push them out with the pencil tip. It's a little tricky, but not terribly hard to do. Be sure to not over heat it.

DSC_0281.jpg

Now take one of the larger rounded LEDs and grind the curved top off it. I wanted it to disperse the light a little better and not be too tall. I used my table grinding wheel on it and made the top flat. This also frosted the glass to even the light out a bit.

DSC_0280.jpg

You will have to bend the leads a bit to get the LED to fit in the holes that are a little wider apart than the new LED wires. The shorter wire goes into the hole with the "K" next to it. If it's the wrong way, it won't light up. You have to turn the ignition key to get it to light up. Here it is installed:

DSC_0284.jpg

dsc_0282.jpg

Looks really good once lit up.

Now we do the ash tray light. This one was not very fun to do. You need a really small saw to do this. I pulled the blade off a tiny hack saw.

IGNORE THE OTHER TOOLS IN THE PICTURE. This was from another write-up. The blade from the saw in the middle is the one I used.

FogLights015.jpg

You need something small like that to remove the LED in the next part.

Pull the center console apart to get to the ashtray LED. You just need to open the center console and grab the edge closest to the dash. It's held down my tabs so just pull straight up and remove the piece. Now you should see the light. It's small and held in place by a single screw. Remove the screw and the piece will come off. Unplug the wire leading to the light. Now grab the back of the light and the large piece it is attached to. Hold one and give the other a quarter turn. It will pop right off.

Now comes all the fun parts. You have to get the light internals out of the casing. Take two very small screwdrivers and insert them on both sides above the light. This will push the sides outward and release the internal parts that slide right out.

DSC_0292.jpg

Here is the back of that piece that slid out. You need to detach the LED that has been spot welded in place on those right two tabs.

DSC_0289.jpg

I tried breaking them. I tried prying them up and breaking them. I tried getting some tiny cutters in there to cut them. Only thing that worked, was patiently sawing the leads with a tiny hacksaw blade. Took a little while to do it, but it finally worked and the light came right out. The old LED is on the right and the new one is on the left.

DSC_0290.jpg

I took this LED to the grinder again. It made a beam that was a little too narrow. I wanted something wider. So I made a rounded frosted dome on the LED and soldered it in place.

DSC_0291.jpg

Reassemble everything and you are done. The ashtray blue light seems a little brighter than the old one. Hopefully it's not too bright and distracting.

The only amber lights that might still be around are the shifter lights. Not sure if I want to change those.

Last edited by Toxarch; 06-30-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Взято тут: http://www.toyotatundraforum.com/electrical/2276-dash-led-swap-goodbye-amber-4.html#post29839

и тут: http://www.toyotatundraforum.com/electrical/2276-dash-led-swap-goodbye-amber.html

• Prospect

Классно получилось. А у одометра нельзя цвет поменять?

Серег! Можно, но я оставил, так как остальная вся подсветка рыжая, оставлю так!47d1aa6f5a93281bf26044b84029a174.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Prospect

В общем так, мужик сказал , и начал делать. В процессе доводки. Борис скинул фото переделанной им шкалы приборки.

post-3399-0-29172300-1425376036_thumb.jp

В общем так, мужик сказал , и начал делать. В процессе доводки. Борис скинул фото переделанной им шкалы приборки.

красавцы! Где приобрести?)

• 1 year later...
  • Prospect

К вопросу перевода шкалы из миль в км

У наших сильно дорого получается на мой взгляд - о 8тр

Никто подобное не находил в другом месте к примеру? Может в Китае?

Шкалы в км.PNG

• 3 months later...
  • Prospect

20 долларов в незалежной делают на заказ, можно все что угодно написать. Подробнее на драйве.

ничего личного